As a producer for the #GE2015 ITN coverage, I was part of the General Election’s team of six at Gray’s Inn Road. I had a varied role during my time here, from floor managing in the studio, news planning in the newsroom, editing packages with reporters and, having the role, in the overnight programme, of OB result input checker for the count declarations across the country.
ITN’s CEO, John Hardie, said: “The ITV News Election programme was a classic combination of scale and ambition. The ITV News team supported by the Technology group beautifully combined skilled journalism, insightful analysis and graphics with operational mastery.
“I have never seen a group of people work harder or smarter.”
A full list of my responsibilities included:
– Logging images into VME
– Checking copyright licenses
– Producing crib sheets for runners
– Updating and checking accuracy of seat notes on the database
– Confirming stringers’ information
– Directing and assisting apprentices
– Completing database entries for the General Election
– Assigning cameramen to reporters